Monday, June 30, 2008

The Case Against: Mr. FOY

I know you've already heard me rant about Mr. FOY. Now, you may think that I exaggerate a bit about his lack of intelligence and memory. Well, here is a true example, and sheer and utter proof of his idiocy.

Mr. FOY called wanting to know the number of Steve Woz of the Apple II fame. Mr. FOY frequently calls wanting the contact information for important people in many industries, all to tell them about his miraculous discoveries that will improve the human life span. He himself, he believes, is evidence of this. He feels he is a young man at a prime age still. Mr. FOY, however, in the rest of the world's reality - is about 80 something, nearly bald, his stringy hair is badly dyed, and then other times, badly bleached. He looks like his age, which is 80 something, and sadly, No man, no matter his age, should EVER wear short shorts... I'm not saying these things to be mean. It's just the honest truth. But, I am digressing from the point.

We of course, start to look up the contact information for Mr. FOY. The best I can find is a mailing address from a 1994 book entitled "Contact any Celebrity"... which I am disturbed to admit how handy it comes in, especially when dealing with Mr. FOY. I have written down on a piece of scratch paper "Steve WOZ, Apple, Needs Contact Info 555 - 1234." This is a note to myself writing down what Mr. FOY needs, and Mr. FOY's own number to call him back. I called him back and when he didn't answer, left a message on his answering machine of the address I had found. Voila. Well, when I dashed in back to grab something at my desk, my co-worker ended up answering a call from him. I happened to walk out to hear her saying, "Oh, yes, well, it looks like we have his phone number here, and it is 555-1234." She plesantly finished the call and hung up. I think blinked and then informed her that the number she had just given Mr. FOY was actually his own phone number. She of course felt horrified for a moment, but no one could blame her - I'd probably have thought the same thing if I'd found that note too. We both ended up giggling, and we waited for him to call back upset.

It didn't really surprise me that he didn't catch it right away. But, it did surprise me when he called back five minutes later, and my co-worker answered the phone, expecting to hear him rant and yell, only to have him comment how interesting it was that Steve Woz had the same area code. And interestingly enough, the same phone number suffix. That must mean that Steve Woz lives near him! How exciting! Could she try to find his personal home address?

1 comment:

Miss Kalendar said...

I miss you!!!!!

PS: Pooka has a HUMAN FACE!!!